BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Oil change kits - Good deals for US (F850/F750)  (Read 979 times)

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 850 GS
  • Town / City: Bellingham
Oil change kits - Good deals for US (F850/F750)
« on: June 13, 2021, 02:39:00 PM »
Sierra BMW offering 3 litre of oil, crush washer and filter for 69 US dollars. https://tinyurl.com/Oil-Change-Kit
Bobs BMW offering same for 64 USD. https://tinyurl.com/Bobs-oil-change-kit

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
Re: Oil change kits - Good deals for US (F850/F750)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 06:08:27 AM »
I add this because i'd priced what it would cost to get these elsewhere, my oil cost was between 38-50 USD and a oil filter cost another 15 or 20 with no crush washer.

Additionally an air filter is about 49-70 USD. You could go with a K&N washable but they are not rated for off-road use, have been found at fault for engines being fouled by fine particulates (dust and etc) that make it past K&N's filtration.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 06:15:33 AM by Newguy »

Offline SnoDrtRider

• GS Master
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: South Jersey, USA
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 09:54:49 PM »
Has anyone checked the shipping costs on that? I get a 4L of Motul 5100 for 43.69 and a HiFlo filter for 21.90 on Amazon with free shipping. Price is the same but shipping is free... No crush washer but an extra Liter of oil for the same price. Having two bikes every other oil change I use 2 jugs of oil with enough left over for the need to only buy one jug for the next change.

I don't know where we are... but I have been lost here before...

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 04:27:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by SnoDrtRider [+]
Has anyone checked the shipping costs on that? I get a 4L of Motul 5100 for 43.69 and a HiFlo filter for 21.90 on Amazon with free shipping. Price is the same but shipping is free... No crush washer but an extra Liter of oil for the same price. Having two bikes every other oil change I use 2 jugs of oil with enough left over for the need to only buy one jug for the next change.
Sierra is free ship, bobs is not.

If I had more than one bike i'd buy direct from an oil company like I used to for Amsoil when I had several vehicles with same oil type. You can buy direct from K&N or NGK sometimes for same if not better deal than buying through a reseller. When I had a K16, i used enough oil it warranted buying it in bulk.

I specifically avoid doing business with Amazon whenever possible, they are not a good company and I refuse to support them.

Resellers for NGK MC spark plugs would upcharge by as much as 25 dollars per a plug, it pays to be a smart shopper sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 04:30:15 AM by Newguy »

Offline Newguy

• GS Pro