BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Almost a new Owner - East Sussex UK  (Read 660 times)

Offline timb

• GS Junior Member
Almost a new Owner - East Sussex UK
« on: May 09, 2021, 03:25:14 PM »
I have agreed  the deal with Chandlers BMW Portslade, part exchanging my 2019 V-Strom 1000 XT for a "Bumble Bee" F850 GS Adventure TE 40th Anniversary edition.
Don't have delivery date but it should in the next couple of weeks, as it is in stock in the UK.
I will try to keep the Bee references to a minimum

TimB

Offline Grizzlie

• GS Pro
  • Bike: BMW F850GS
  • Town / City: Białystok
Re: Almost a new Owner - East Sussex UK
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 04:24:45 PM »
Sweet!

Congrats!

What was the deciding factor from changing from the Strom? I've always seen it as quite a capable bike (FortNine as well).
As for the fear of falling...learn to love and cherish the experience. You want it. You need it. You can't wait for the next hit.

Offline timb

• GS Junior Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 07:11:36 PM »
The V-strom is a very capable bike which I enjoyed owning and riding, but do like to change my bike on fairly regular basis, so I was doing the rounds of the mid sized adventure bikes.
I didn't really expect to to love the 850GSA as much as I did on the test ride, but it did win me over.
The engine is a delight, it doesn't have the absolute performance  of its bigger brother but doesn't lack anywhere and the fuelling is faultless form 8 mph to 80
The chassis and handling impress solo or with a pillion onboard , ESA and engine modes really do make difference, and everyone loves that TFT display.
I didn't hurt that is was available on fairly short delivery, as new bike stocks in the UK are pretty patchy at the moment.
TimB

Offline Matty589

• GS Pro
  • Bike: 2019 F750GS
  • Town / City: Surrey
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 08:28:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Iím sure youíll get a buzz from riding it!
/coat

Offline Oldplodder

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850 GS Sport + bits
  • Town / City: Buckley
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 09:31:16 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I hope you find the F850 as good if not better than your Vstrom was.

Dave T
I wish I was as good as my dog thinks I am

Offline timb

• GS Junior Member
Re: a new Owner - East Sussex UK
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 04:04:54 PM »
Bumblebee has landed  :001:

Offline Bizmarck

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Wellington
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 07:54:31 PM »
welcome to funland I adore my 850 and would not trade it for anything its such a nice ride, I almost got the 1250 when the dealer said have you tried the 850, no but sure let me take it for a spin 2h later I left with an 850 an a fair chunk of change in my pocket. 6 months on I still don't regret the move. ft is more bike than I could ever have imagined. do get the resonator bypass it opens up the power down low and makes it come alive. still don't get why some reviews call it boring yes its not a Kim or triumph but its all round such a pleasure to ride and have never felt it was lacking in any way. the abs and traction control is amazing and has saved me once from a fairly high speed mishap when the road turned from sealed to gravel in a blind corner. it kicked in and straightened the block of steel as if nothing ever happened. was it on my Honda I had before id have been in a whole lot of poopoo.

welcome and have fun