BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: No radio with Sena 5s  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Remy

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Liege
Re: No radio with Sena 5s
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2021, 12:15:06 PM »
I just tried.

If so, the phone connects to tft and helmet but no connection possible between tft and helmet.
Navigation is allowed but no media and phone in tft, but my radio works in helmet.

Offline Si_Burnout

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: Sint-Niklaas
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »
When you accept a call with the tft the bike keeps the connection open for a few extra minutes. Give it some time and the radio should start again. I have the same problem with my cardo. The tft is great but it still has some issues.

Offline knutk

• GS Member
  • Town / City: South in Norway
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 08:17:11 PM »
If I initiate or receive a phone call while listening to  the radio, my Sena 10, custom built for Schubert C4, must be turned back on by rider input. I have tried to wait for quite some time, but have failed to experience that the radio comes back on on it's own.

One more peculiar thing is: When I turn the radio on following a BT connection, the Radio comes on at such a low volume that I hear nothing before I touch the volume adjust button. After I blip the volume adjustment, the volume returns to the setting prior to what it was prior to the BT connection.

I never had this issue prior to the latest hardware update.

Offline D1rtG1rl1stanbul

• GS Member
  • Bike: f850GS
  • Town / City: Istanbul
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2021, 08:30:50 AM »
I had similar problems with Sena 10S and Sena 20S pairing with bike. After weeks/months of solution seeking from BMW and Sena service, I gave up and got Cardo Packtalk. I have not had any problem since.

Offline purds

• GS Member
  • Town / City: PETERBOROUGH
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 09:16:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by knutk [+]
The GPS will handle phone calls in the same way as the TFT. However, the TFT allows you to handle the phone by using the Woderwheel rather than stretching forward to reach the screen for controlling the phone.
Also, the TFT connection allows playing media from the phone, as well as streaming of music or radio through the phone (But data cost and shortening battery duration for the phone will probably limit the enthusiasm .)

Display of speedlimit and traffic messaging may also be handled by the GPS.

I think the way TFT handles the phone is great, but it is annoying that for some reason, the TFT out of nowhere drops the stored connections, both to helmet and phone.

I do not know why that is, and it seems even more silly when you experience that pretty much anything else does not have this issue.

Thanks for responding. I find handling the phone with Siri voice control is much much easier than via the wonderwheel but I am only able to do this by taking the TFT out of the link. I am also able to use music from the phone and/or the Nav by connecting headset direct to phone rather than through TFT. For me going via TFT disables the most efficient method of control - by using voice commands.