BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Metzeler Tourance Next vs Street  (Read 512 times)

Offline MJB

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GS
  • Town / City: Auckland
Metzeler Tourance Next vs Street
« on: May 01, 2021, 10:29:18 AM »
Anyone got the Tourance Next or Metzeler Street 2 tyres on their 850? I am interested to hear your opinion on what they are like.

Offline Grizzlie

• GS Pro
  • Bike: BMW F850GS
  • Town / City: Białystok
Re: Metzeler Tourance Next vs Street
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 03:08:14 PM »
My riding buddy loves his Nexts, literally the next best thing after Pilot Road 5's due to the 21" limitations of our wheels

I opted to go with Scorpion (Trail II I believe), but have no km's with them yet.
As for the fear of falling...learn to love and cherish the experience. You want it. You need it. You can't wait for the next hit.

Offline Rogert

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GSA
  • Town / City: Middletown NJ
Re: Metzeler Tourance Next vs Street
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 12:07:48 AM »
I have used the older design Metzeler Tourance  on several GS Adventure bikes since 2004.  (R1150GSA, F800GSA, F850GSA). I find them durable. less expensive than the Next or others.  I get about 12K miles on the rear and 14K on the front.... no off road riding, only some dirt roads... but mostly highway.  The shortest distance I ever got on my rear tire was 5 miles... installed new and picked up a spike through the side wall coming home from the repair shop.  What a waste!

In the US, I belong to the BMW MOA organization and have their towing and tire replacement  service.   I already took advantage of a damaged front 21 inch tire replacement due to nail  (about 9K on tire but greater than 2/32 tread  insurance company limit)   The BMWMOA.org offers membership for about $50 and tow/tire damage replacement for $59 per year.