BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Ermax Touring Screen  (Read 649 times)

Offline Danmaz

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Bedford
Ermax Touring Screen
« on: April 14, 2021, 08:57:48 PM »
Hi

I just bought one of these and fitted it to my bike;

https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/products/bmw-f850-gs-light-smoke-touring-screen-2018

Has anyone else tried it?

Haven't given it a go yet, and also not convinced I have the metal inserts/washers fitted the right way around in the rubber grommets. Should they go in from the inside or the outside? No fitting instructions with it (how wrong can you go with 4 screws I guess?)

I'll report back if it improves the horrible wind buffeting on road journeys

Admin edit:  link shortened

Offline Bizmarck

• GS Member
  • Town / City: Wellington
Re: Ermax Touring Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 03:33:08 AM »
same way they came off? rubber from below  screen then metal spacer/washer from the bottom through the rubber bit and screw from the top.

Offline Danmaz

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Bedford
Re: Ermax Touring Screen
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 08:54:45 PM »
Ermax screen review - it didn't work for me. I'm 6'2 and 78kg. The screen was actually worse than the little stock one. It pushed the air right onto the centre of my helmet, and also created a lot of turbulence behind the screen that was very noticeable. TBH, it made the bike almost unrideable. That's just my experience tho, it might work well for shorter folk and is well priced.

Also, good service and a prompt and hassle free refund from the guys at pyramid plastics in the UK  👍