BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Soon to be new F850 GS owner in Minneapolis  (Read 247 times)

Offline coreyjdl

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: '19 F850 GS
  • Town / City: Minneapolis
Soon to be new F850 GS owner in Minneapolis
« on: April 12, 2021, 07:54:49 PM »
Pick up my new (leftover inventory :) ) '19 F850 GS tomorrow, (weather permitting) or more likely Wednesday. It's the pollux premium for that year.

No real questions, I've researched the hell out of everything, it came with Anakee IIIs, so those will be swapped for something close to a 50/50 soon, and I'll probably go Touratech for the skid, and bar work.

Just wanted to say hi, and if there are any other adv type riders in the twin cities area, are there any meetups, rides etc going on? Most of the online content seems dormant.

Offline Oldplodder

• GS Pro
  • Bike: F850 GS Sport + bits
  • Town / City: Buckley
Re: Soon to be new F850 GS owner in Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 09:38:40 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You have the same colour as me and it is great. I hope you picked up a good discount on the 19 yr model.
Some pictures of your rides would be most welcome to us armchair travellers.

Dave T
I wish I was as good as my dog thinks I am

Offline coreyjdl

• GS Junior Member
  • Bike: '19 F850 GS
  • Town / City: Minneapolis
Re: Soon to be new F850 GS owner in Minneapolis
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 12:00:54 AM »
I hope I got a good deal on it. I paid $13,400 out the door, (that's after tax tag and title also.)

I'll make it a point to drive to some local forest and take a pic, with all the woods, waterfalls, and lakes around here, I ought to be able to find a scenic location.