BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: [UK] 2019 F850 w/ Extras for sale  (Read 244 times)

Offline Atilleum

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: London
[UK] 2019 F850 w/ Extras for sale
« on: April 11, 2021, 07:09:06 PM »
Hi all,

I have had a F850 for just over a year and a half now but have not had that much of a chance to ride it. I'd like to change to something else perhaps a bit more practical for the inner city, but PXing it for anything smaller/lighter would be overkill.

The bike runs perfectly and has just shy of 3,000 miles on it. Comes with Touratech crash bars. No damage to the bike cosmetically or otherwise. I've recorded a short video in the link below for a walk around.

Bike also has the HP Exhaust and some mounting points for panniers. I believe it also has a lowered seat although I can't tell the difference between mine and a friend's 850 which has a normal seat.

Given the extras I would estimate it's value is in the 9k region but I am open to offers below that especially as (1) it was bought used and therefore would be moving on to its third owner and (2) this would be a non-dealer sale.

Note that while the bike is for sale in the London area I can arrange for transport to outside of London. Depending on the distance this may be at cost to the buyer!

Happy to answer any questions.

Offline HartiganH

• GS Member
Re: [UK] 2019 F850 w/ Extras for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 12:15:40 PM »
Think you might need to manage your expectations, Atilleum. I checked the plate and the fact that this is a Cat N is going to reduce the resale-ability of the bike significantly, e.g. in the region of 7k at best. As you already have Cat N-ed the bike it might be appealing to people who want to take an F850 offroad and throw it around - I know someone who fits this category so I'll check with them if they are interested.

Out of interest did you try asking BMW if they would PX it for something else?

Good luck with the sale - I'll be in touch if my mate is keen.

Best

Offline Atilleum

• GS Junior Member
Re: [UK] 2019 F850 w/ Extras for sale
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 12:24:58 PM »
Thanks. I should have mentioned Cat N but cannot edit my post. Since posting I have spoken to a few dealers incl. BMW, no dice. You are right about expectations, and no, I'm not going to "throw it around"... I value my safety thanks very much.

Sale is still on. Price will come down. 7k region now.