BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: your advice to choose my boots  (Read 680 times)

ohendo and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online richardbd

• GS Member
  • Town / City: London
Re: your advice to choose my boots
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 03:38:23 PM »
Sidi Adventure or Alpinestars Toucan are the best two options IMHO.  They are a good compromise between protection and comfort/walkability.  Both have goretex liners to keep feet dry.

Most of the other are made to look like dual-sport boots but donít have enough lateral (side-to-side) stiffness to properly protect in an off-road tumble from a fully-laden adventure bike.

Another (even tougher) option would be Alpinestars Tech 7 Drystar.  Full enduro boot but with waterproof liner.  Not so good for walking though.

When I did the Silk Road as part of London-Beijing, two riders had Forma Adventure boots.  Both had the sole fall off one boot...

Offline ollythefrog

• GS Member
  • Bike: F850GSA
  • Town / City: Trevellas
Re: your advice to choose my boots
« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:16:06 PM »
Hiya
Boots are such a hard choice to make and everyone has their own view. I'm part of the RideCamTV YouTube channel. We have reviewed lots of boots and some you would not expect to wear. I have had a pair of the Forma Adventures for over two years now and cover around 40,000 miles a year. They are very good but I may not buy them again.
The best boots I have ever owned were some UK Military Goretex boots called ECW Boots. My next pair may be a set of Russian cold weather boots.
Be realistic about how much you want or need to pay and don't follow the crowd...

Cheers
Mark
RiderCamTV