BMW F850GS Forum

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: What's the best Silver Spray Paint brand to match BMW's Handlebars/...  (Read 293 times)

Offline MikeOC

• GS Member
  • Bike: 2019 F-750 GS
  • Town / City: Spokane, WA
Hello all, does anyone know, which is the best brand of Silver Spray Paint to match BMW's silver on the handlebars/ triple clamp?

Sincerely - Mike

Offline Divimon2000

• GS Junior Member
  • Town / City: Shelburne
Re: What's the best Silver Spray Paint brand to match BMW's Handlebars
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 06:35:03 PM »
It really depends on what surface you’re trying to paint on. I assume you’re talking about quality versus color.  The best for me is two-part polyurethane you can get mixed up into a spray can at local auto shops, good ones.  Car paint if you will. Need more information

Offline MikeOC

• GS Member
  • Bike: 2019 F-750 GS
  • Town / City: Spokane, WA
Re: What's the best Silver Spray Paint brand to match BMW's Handlebars
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 06:14:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Divimon2000 [+]
It really depends on what surface you’re trying to paint on. I assume you’re talking about quality versus color.  The best for me is two-part polyurethane you can get mixed up into a spray can at local auto shops, good ones.  Car paint if you will. Need more information

Thanks. Years back on the Adventure Rider Forum (unfortunately I cant find it), someone recommended a "specific" brand/ code of  Spray Paint that could be purchased at either Lowes - Ace Hardware - Home Depot, that best matches BMW's factory silver, i.e. triple clamps, various other parts.  Anyway, I'm just looking to paint over a few aftermarket parts, which I don't like the color of (its not life or death, but its something I'd like to do, because it bugs me.)

Mike